Jakarta, 16 August 2021 – PT Erajaya Swasembada, Tbk. (Ticket code: ERAA. IJ), one of the largest handset distributors and retailers in Indonesia, has released its financial report for the first semester of 2021. The Company has succeeded in continuing its growth trend with net sales increasing by 47.6% YoY and successfully recording a significant increase in profit. significant Rp 558.5 billion (+392.4% YoY).
Some summaries of ERAA's financial performance for the first semester of 2021 are as follows:
- Sales growth of 47.6% YoY from Rp 14.5 trillion in 1H 2020 to Rp 21.4 trillion in 1H 2021
- The company's gross margin growth from 9.2% in 1H 2020 to 10.2% in 1H
- Profit growth for the year attributable to owners of the parent company by 392.4% YoY from Rp113.4 billion in 1H 2020 to Rp558.5 billion in 1H 2021
Hasan Aula, Vice President Director PT Erajaya Swasembada Tbk, said, "Throughout semester 1 of 2021, we managed to maintain the momentum of the Company's performance by successfully increasing the Company's profit almost 5 times compared to semester 1 of 2020, where we recorded Rp 558.5 billion in profit in semester 1 of 2021. We can also increase sales to Rp 21.4 trillion in semester 1 of 2021, an increase of 47.6% compared to the same period last year. This remarkable achievement is the result of the hard work of the entire team who implemented well-targeted strategies to provide the best products and services to customers. Various new products have also emerged and are highly accepted by consumers thanks to the latest and superior technology where the need for handsets and other supporting products is very important to support activities during the period of activity restrictions that occur. In 2021, with the reopening of our chain of stores, we can still see many customers who still like to transact at the store, because there is a desire to see, try and feel and get a satisfying shopping experience directly from our sales specialist. This of course boosts the overall performance of the Company.”
In general, the pandemic and activity restrictions in various regions in Indonesia for a short period of time are a challenge for business player, including Erajaya. However, this challenge has been successfully turned into an opportunity to continue to provide superior services and products through various strategies such as:
- Mobile Shopping: providing the latest and best promos via e-catalogue and making it easy for customers to order via Whatsapp chat centre
- Home Delivery Service/EraXpress: delivery service carried out by Erajaya within 3 hours and free shipping to make it easy for customers to get the desired product without leaving the house
- Omni-Channel: O2O-based service (online to offline or vice versa) that gives customers the freedom to order products
- Online promotion & exhibition: aggressively carrying out various promotional events through the online platform eraspace.com as well as collaborating with e-commerce marketplaces in Indonesia to offer superior products with attractive offers
This strategy is based on Erajaya's commitment to prioritizing customer satisfaction and providing a positive customer journey, through all channels chosen by customers, both online and offline.
Erajaya's commitment by trying to increase the retail store network will be carried out again in 2021. As of June 30, 2021, Erajaya already has 1,067 retail stores with 88 distribution points, as well as collaboration with more than 64,000 resellers in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. Along with this footprint expansion, management also continues to monitor developments and the impact of the pandemic and will continue to adjust future business strategies, as needed.
“One of the strategies for expanding its network, Erajaya introduced the Erafone Cloud Retail Partner, which is an Erafone outlet owned by an individual investor but fully managed and operated by the Erafone team. All gadgets, accessories and ecosystem products sold at this outlet are a complete portfolio, original products, and official guarantees, just like they are sold at other Erafone outlets. This is the latest innovation from the development of the Erafone store network with a partnership concept for individual investors to be part of the Erajaya family and success story, with a minimal level of risk," concluded Hasan Aula.